Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beers and Diapers

I was told by one of my lecturer that there are some kind of association or relationship between beers and diapers. I found that this will be an interesting topic will be helpful for me to gain some knowledge related to data mining. From a colleague I heard that this story was told most of the colleges and university students in doing database or data mining.

I thought of doing a kind a research and I found that this was a real story that was founded in Wall-mart. The did an analysis of customers' buying habits and found a statistically significant correlation between purchases of beer and purchases of nappies (diapers in the US). It was theorized that the reason for this was that fathers were stopping off at Wal-Mart to buy nappies for their babies, and since they could no longer go down to the pub as often, would buy beer as well. As a result of this finding, the supermarket chain is alleged to have the nappies next to the beer, resulting in increased sales of both.

So if you do this kind analysis you might come around couple of patterns of like this.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when u dring lot of beer you need to peer a lot. so you may need diapers to control it

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea may be and I agree with you. But the reality is not that.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Qaafhsa said...

Well I believe there are some relation as Wall-Mart said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The AnalyXer © 2007 | Contact | About Me